- Genre: YA / historical fiction / romance
- Published: September 26, 2013
- Ebook: 200 page
Flying model airplanes isn’t cool, not for fifteen-year-old girls in the 1940’s. No one understands Julianna’s love of flying model airplanes but her dad. When he leaves to fly bomber planes in Europe forcing Julianna to deal with her mother’s growing depression alone, she feels abandoned until she meets Ben, the new boy in town.
But when he signs up for the war, too, she has to consider whether letting her first love drift away would be far easier than waiting for the next casualties.
Meet the author:
Marcy Blesy is the author of several middle grade, young adult, and new adult novels and short stories. Her picture book, Am I Like My Daddy?, helps children who experienced the loss of a parent when they were much younger. She has also been published in two Chicken Soup for the Soul books as well as various newspapers and magazines. By day she runs an elementary school library and enjoys spending time with her husband and two boys.
Marcy is a believer in love and enjoys nothing more than making her readers feel a book more than simply reading it.
Book Blast Schedule
Friday, February 19
So Many Books, So Little Time
Tuesday, February 23
Let Them Read Books
Wednesday, February 24
The Reading Queen
Thursday, February 25
Boom Baby Reviews
Friday, February 26
Eclectic Ramblings of Author Heather Osborne
To win a $10 Amazon Gift Card please enter the giveaway via the GLEAM form below.
- Giveaway ends at 11:59pm EST on February 26th. You must be 18 or older to enter.
- Giveaway is open internationally.
- Only one entry per household.
- All giveaway entrants agree to be honest and not cheat the systems; any suspect of fraud is decided upon by blog/site owner and the sponsor, and entrants may be disqualified at our discretion
- Winner has 48 hours to claim prize or new winner is chosen.